My mom style is simple…easy, comfortable & stylish! Those are my main 3 objectives when picking out clothes! As a busy mom of 3 I am all about an outfit if it doesn’t compromise my mom style! Even going out in public I prefer something easy & simple but still allowing me to be stylish! Now don’t get me wrong, sometimes you can catch me all dolled up but that usually means #datenight! But then theres the flip side where you can catch me in Target wearing stained yogas + a baggy tee that doesn’t match #becausekids! But I usually try to make myself feel better by sprucing it up a bit with an easy, comfortable outfit like this one from Romwe!
Who doesn’t love a Shopbop sale?! I have rounded up a few great finds for all of you! I may have several of these in my cart ready to go! Shopbop is one of those gems that I feel like a lot of people haven’t heard of, heck I hadn’t until a year or so ago! #newbie I think you are going to love some of my picks so let me know some of your favorites in the comments below! You can shop any of these items by clicking on them or clicking the sale code located at the bottom of this post!
(post contains affiliate links)
This code includes full price & sale items so shop your little heart out! Hope you have a great Wednesday!
A good bag is like a best friend, you never want to know what it’s like to live without them! I seriously love a good bag, whether it’s a purse for me, a diaper bag for the kids, or a weekend duffle that lets you stuff tons of stuff in it, you can never have too many bags right? Especially ones that don’t look like diaper bags & can pass as a super cute mom tote to hide all of our crazy! Well I’m sharing my newest bag from JJ Cole in today’s post that I’m totally loving!
Getting your kids to eat can seriously be one of the most taxing things about parenthood! I mean, nothing is more frustrating to me than making my kids something that I just know they will love to only have them say “eh I don’t like that” or “those look gross” I mean, it’s one of the most dreaded times around several households! Meal time can be stressful, exhausting and sometimes just a nightmare. I mean sometimes I’m worried about getting all the veggies in and eating fresh produce and then sometimes I’m like just eat allllll the nuggets from McDonalds you want, if you little crazies will just EAT! Over the years I’ve learned that they really will eat when they are hungry, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t stressed out over the fact that all Huxx wants to eat is cheese!! So I thought I would share tips/tricks that have helped me in the trenches of picky children who don’t want to eat & drive their mama crazy at mealtime!
1. Go Outside – This is one of our favorite things to do now that the weather is getting nice. I will usually cook up something easy to transport or swing by a drive through and grab something easy to eat outside. It takes my kids mind off of “sitting down to eat” and we just enjoy being outside and talking while they eat. It really does change the game!
2. Picnic in the House – If it’s winter or you are in an area where it’s just too cold for outside, get a washable blanket and enjoy a picnic on the floor! This is a definite way to make your kids smile. It changes up the manotney of eating at the table and makes mealtime more fun!
3. Cut Things Into Shapes– This always works for my kids! If I can use a cookie cutter for whatever we are eating, i’ll do it! They love having fun shapes to look at and eat!
4. Look For Hidden Nutrients – I am constantly on the look out for the most bang for our buck when it comes to nutrition! I know that at this stage in my kid’s life they may not want to eat cooked zucchini or gnaw on a carrot but what I do know is if I can hide them in things that I know they’ll love then we are all winning! When I came across these, I knew I had scored the mom jackpot! My kids will eat muffins like they are going out of style, so why not throw in some that are made of 1/3 veggies, the first ingredient is actually a vegetable! When we recently found these I couldn’t wait to see what they thought. I bought Chocolate and Banana Chocolate Chip flavors and they were both a hit! They keep asking for more! I feel sneaky & they feel sneaky by getting to eat lots of muffins! Garden Lites sure did their part making a healthy & delicious muffin and we can’t wait to try all of the flavors! They are gluten, dairy and nut free so they are super clean and also easy to take on the go without sacrificing your nutrition throughout the day!
Look at these little toes!! ????
You can find them at these locations in the freezer section:
Publix, Stop & Shop, Giant, Shop-Rite, HEB, Kroger or Costco.
5. Play a Game – Meal time can be fun, so put some thought into it and make it a game! Do addition and subtraction as they take bites, make the bites play hide & seek in their mouth, pretend the bites are airplanes flying into their mouth! There are lots of ways to take their mind off of the task of eating.
6. Give Them Choices – Don’t ask them what they want to eat because that is way to broad for their little mind. Give them 2 choices and let them have the power! It will make them feel empowered and less like you are forcing them to eat something you chose! It is really miraculous how much this helps!
Just remember this phase of picky eating & not wanting to sit still long enough to eat is short lived. Stay strong but also give a little grace and make it fun for them! Remember they won’t starve themselves so keep offering great options and be consistent! They will soon be teenagers eating you out of house & home so enjoy this while you can afford them! HA!
Spring is here y’all, aka “wind season” for us West Texans! If you haven’t noticed the color blush is everywhere, like seriously tennis shoes, jeans, nail polish, jewelry, tops etc! I’m so drawn to this color this year and it’s totally taking over my closet! I’m not one bit mad about it. It’s such a beautiful color, super airy and just feels right for spring when the weather is getting warmer, things are blooming and life is just getting prettier!