All about Disney World + Disney Creators!
Wow, where do I even begin? This trip was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I feel so grateful to have even been included!
To give a little back story to this trip i was invited by the Disney Creators team among about 100 other influencers/bloggers! Disney puts on a creators conference where they bring in Disney’s best of the best to come in and talk to us, give us tips/tricks to help us grow our brand as well as fun little Disney magical things along the way!
We got to hear from the official voice of Mickey Mouse for the last 10 years, get exclusive looks at things coming to all the Disney parks from one of the head imagineers, hear from an author of all things Walt Disney who has studied the legend and his family for many years as well as a surprise speech from Tamron Hall herself! It was jam packed full of information and I took away so much from the conference but one of my favorite things was being surrounded by so many amazing creators who have the same passion I do and seeing so many different take aways and such amazing content, outsourcing support being produced by everyone! Truly inspiring!
I’m going to do a little break down of what each day looked like to help you get an idea of how incredibly busy we were PLUS how much freaking fun we had! Plus I had a few questions I wanted to address so I’ll add that to the bottom as well so you guys can read through those!
- We arrived at Disney’s newest resort, The Riviera and let me tell you…it was stunning! I have never stayed at a such a nice resort because we always do value resorts when we stay because we are park openers/closers! I was so excited to hear that it was part of the new Skyliner’s route so we literally had direct access to Epcot, Hollywood Studios and other resorts if we had wanted to check them out! It was such an amazing perk to our hotel and SO incredibly fast! They still have the buses for the other parks but I would choose the Skyliner over a bus anyway! We also enjoyed the little coffee shop cafe and the quick service restaurant right off the lobby each night as we ordered food and ate in bed every night after the park!
- As soon as we got to the hotel we snapped a few quick pictures and then headed over to Hollywood Studios to let Matt ride some of the big rides that we didn’t get to ride the last time we came with the kids! I obviously couldn’t ride but didn’t let anyone know this yet because we were keeping a litttttttle secret! Also our favorite ride because we are both so competitive is Toy Story Mania! We love this ride because you compete against the person in your car and me and Matt take this verrrrrrry seriously!
- One of the perks to being there with Disney Creators is that we were given fast passes to use at literally any time (OMG RIGHT?) That is one of the biggest struggles with fast passes is you have to book them out so far in advance and most of the time it’s hard to find a good schedule that works with the flow of your park day!
- We then headed back over to the hotel to freshen up for our creators welcome reception and family dinner! The food was incredible and they provided us a show and meet & greets with some princesses!
- We left dinner and headed straight to Soarin’ which so far is my favorite ride in Disney! (I haven’t done Pandora or Star Wars yet because i’ve always been pregnant at Disney) 🙂
- We then enjoyed a private dessert party + special seating to enjoy Epcot’s firework show which if you know Disney, you know their fireworks never disappoint!
- After the show mama was doooone and ready to get in comfy clothes and wind down for the night! We had an early morning ahead so I knew I wanted to get some good sleep! PS. Wasn’t hard in that comfy Riviera bed 😉
- This was the day of our general session where we listened to different speakers, had special guests, got tons of surprises and got to listen to a fabulous acapella group!
- We enjoyed lots of coffee, mingled with other creators, enjoyed a fabulous lunch and even got to listen to the story of THE voice of Mickey Mouse and how his life long dream finally came true!
- We heard form some amazing TikTok creators and learned a few tricks from them on ways to up our game on the newest platform! (still learning though so don’t judge me) FOLLOW ME HERE
- After the conference i met Matt back at the hotel because he had been golfing all day and we headed over to Magic Kingdom for dinner + the firework show and another dessert party! They love dessert and we are HERE FOR IT!
- Along the way we decided it was time we announced our secret that we had been keeping for almost 2 months! We decided no better place to announce than in front of Cinderella’s Castle and boy it didn’t disappoint!
- So here’s the story for how we pulled off this picture! Once we got into Magic Kingdom we found someone selling balloons and bought one pink and one blue and walked to the front of the castle and it was like the Lord was watching out for me because all I wanted was a clear castle shot with no people in the background and boy did he deliver! There was literally no one standing in the spot we took the photo so I watched people take pictures for a little bit until I saw a young girl and her friend who were doing alllll the angles and I knew they were the right people for the job, so I went up to them and told them what we were about to do! i’m pretty sure they both started crying and told their group that they were with what we were doing and pretty soon we had a HUGE crowd watching us get ready to take our announcement picture! It’s a memory I’ll never forget! People were clapping and crying and it was too fun! Matt was dying from embarrassment I’m pretty sure and I was shaking with anxiousness! It really did turn out perfect! So if you are those girls reading this someday….THANK YOU!!! After we finished the picture we both looked at each other and were like we don’t want to carry around the balloons for the rest of the night so we found some parents with two little girls and asked if they could have the balloons…just passing on that Disney magic ya know! They were SO excited and it made the price we paid for that 2 second picture worth it X10!
- We ended up eating at Pecos Bill’s after the picture because we’ve eaten there before and we love it! The portion sizes are wonderful and the food is pretty bomb.com
- Once we finished eating I stopped to grab a churro and Matt ate alllll the chocolate chip cookies from the dessert party and we headed to the castle to get our spot for the fireworks! PRO TIP: If you want a good spot I recommend getting there about 45 minutes before show time because it fills up fast! We were right in front this time and it was SO magical!! I cry every stinkin’ time!
- After that we headed over for some Buzz Lightyear Spacer Ranger Spin which if you didn’t watch live, go watch my Disney highlights on instagram HERE!!
- We ended the night with some food in our room! The Riviera’s pizza is soooo good so pretty much every night I wanted some! #pregnantvibes
- We started out our morning by heading over to Animal Kingdom for a special breakfast and Pandora experience before the park even opened! That was so incredible! Just seeing Pandora without all the people and getting to experience it without all the business was incredible!
- Matt got to ride Flight of Passage and absolutely said it was mind blowing! I didn’t ride because #pregnant but that’s okay i felt like I live through Matt and everyone else!
- I did get to ride the Na’Vi River though and it’s so amazing! The detail in that ride are just breathtaking and I highly suggest it! It’s wonderful because you can take everyone in your family on it!
- A few other rides that Matt did at Animal Kingdom were Dinosaur, the safari and Expedition Everest! He’s a huge AK fan so I didn’t want him to miss out on anything just because I couldn’t ride things!
- Our snacks for the day were Dolewhip and Mickey bars! Can’t go wrong with either! PRO TIP: They both make excellent photo props as well, especially in front of the tree of life! If you were following the hashtag #DisneyCreators then you definitely saw your fair share of these photos!
- Another super cool part of this day was a fellow mama that I’ve been friends with from a pregnancy group almost 8 years strong was at the same park and she messaged me and we were literally just steps away from each other so of course we had to meet in real life for the first time ever and take a picture! Such a cool space the internet is!
- After we finished up at Animal Kingdom it was time to head over to Hollywood Studios to get ready for the night’s activities which included our very own park time in Star Wars : Galaxy’s Edge! Everyone was SO excited to experience this and i was a little bummed that The Rise of the Resistance is not suitable for pregnant women so i sat out! Most people got off telling me I would have been totally fine on it but I knew I wouldn’t enjoy it to the fullest knowing that I could be risking something so I just didn’t do dit! There’s always next time, right?!
- They had a dessert party again after our time at Star Wars! They always think of the coolest things to have us experience!
- We headed back to the resort after this and used the Skyliner because it has direct access to our resort which is SO nice!
Here’s just a few questions i received over the week so I wanted to share them with all of you!
Why did y’all go to Disney without your kids?
We got this invitation to join the Disney creators in November and when I got the invitation I cried so many tears! lol Matt kept asking what was wrong and I told him I was just SO happy! I have been dreaming of working with Disney since I started blogging so this was a HUGE accomplishment in my eyes! Once we found out the dates I immediately went to Greleigh’s cheer calendar and saw that this was the week of her mandatory NCA practice week and there was NO way she could go! Once I figured that out i just knew in my heart I couldn’t take the boys and leave her at home so Matt and I decided that we would just make this a mommy/daddy trip and go enjoy Disney alone! Little did we know we would be bringing a little babe along just in my belly!
What are your favorite rides?
So being pregnant at Disney there are so many rides that you can still ride because it is a very family friendly park! There are even rides that your small babies can ride on with you which I love! Of course I’m and adrenaline junkie so I had to miss out on those rides like Tower of Terror, Rockin’ Rollercoaster, etc! I’ll link a post that I used to reference all the rides in one spot! READ IT HERE
Did y’all get to ride Rise of the Resistance?
Yes, Matt got to ride it! He said it was an unbelievable experience! It wasn’t approved for pregnant women to ride so I will always err on the side of caution and just sit it out! I was bummed to miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity because they actually closed the park down and we were the only ones in the park for Star Wars land! It was SO cool! But I’ll be back one day and will hopefully get to experience it but baby will always come first!
What was your favorite “snack” at Disney world?
I am always a sucker for a Mickey bar! They are so incredibly delicious! The chocolate is so thick and the ice cream is so creamy and YUMMY! Great, now I want one! My other favorite is the Mickey pretzel with cheese! Oh, and I can’t forget the churro! OMG, now I’m starving!
What is your favorite park?
I feel like this is such a loaded question! It’s hard to distinguish the parks on favorability because they are so different and Disney is so strategic about putting huge attractions in each park to draw in the crowds! Epcot is super adult friendly because you can eat and drink around the world yet, brings in droves of families because it is home of the ever so popular Frozen Ever After ride. Magic Kingdom is just that, MAGIC! There is something so iconic about the castle and just the atmosphere that I get chills just walking down Main Street! Animal Kingdom is full of amazing structures and it’s just breathtaking to see the nature and animals! We love the safari and Pandora is just absolutely out of this world! Hollywood Studios is always a big hit because my family loves big rides and two of our favorites are there, Tower of Terror and Rockin’ Rollercoaster. Of course now Toy Story Land has quickly stolen my heart! It’s so bright and just every kid’s dream! Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge was something I was so excited to see and it didn’t disappoint! It felt so real everywhere you looked and was truly an immersion experience!
Do you recommend the Disney dining plan?
100% yes! I mean I guess this is a personal preference but I like having everything paid for upfront so that way if I want a Mickey Bar I walk up and they scan my band to use my credits and I don’t think about spending $8 on an ice cream!
Is there alcohol in the parks?
Yes, and all the parents rejoice! Nothing helps a meltdown more than a glass of wine or an ice cold beer! The only park that doesn’t have alcohol on the street per say in Magic Kingdom, you have to get it in a sit down restaurant!
I hope this gave you a great little peek into our first 3 days with the Disney Creators team! Again I am so thankful for this opportunity and can’t even believe it happened to me honestly!! I’ll share more about the 2nd half of the trip soon because I have SO much to say about the Disney cruise as well! Thanks for hanging around if you read this entire post!! You deserve an award! See ya real soon!!
Leave a Reply