Don’t get me wrong, I had a beautiful breastfeeding journey with my daughter. Sure we had our issues in the beginning (bad latch, thrush, engorgement, she wouldn’t take a bottle) but otherwise it was smooth sailing. I breastfed her for 19.5 months. Like I mentioned she never took to the bottle and I hated pumping so I was her constant source of food. I loved our time together though. I got to know every inch of her face and little hands. I was her comfort, her security, her life. Now it’s over and here’s why I’m okay with it.1. I’m a stomach sleeper and sleeping on tatas full of milk is not comfortable.
2. I can wear dresses again!
3. No more ugly bras with clips.
4. Two words – happy hour.
5. My kid now sleeps through the night. Who knew, I was her pacifier!
6. Sleepovers at Grandma’s.
7. No more pump.
8. I can sleep or hang around the house bra-less. I never felt supported enough when I was nursing.
9. No more camis/layering just to leave the house.
10. Daddy does bedtime now!
All photos courtesy of Photos By SW
Breastfeeding mamas – what do you love most about it? Or what do you miss now that you’re not doing it? I will say this, I miss the snuggles. She’s a busy toddler now and the snuggle sessions are few and far between!
Thanks for having me Bailey!
Let’s Be Friends!
Leave a Reply