This post is sponsored by buybuy BABY! Thank you for supporting the brands I love!
All of you new mamas know how exhausting that first month is when you bring your new baby home! There is so much adjusting, so much chaos, little sleep, lots of snuggles and trying your hardest to find a new normal. This being our 4th baby I feel like we had no choice but to figure it out quickly. Three other children count on us to get our life back together! I feel like I have really figured out over the years the necessary items that make life easier for everyone! These 6 items are my go-to’s for the first few weeks of life and really make things run more smoothly!
1. This is a lifesaver. I mean couldn’t survive without it. Sway literally sleeps like a dream now that we have the auto feature and I don’t have to wake up to make it rock like I did with my other kids. It has so many cool features such as vibration, music, a light projection and a sun visor which really helps out in these summer months! You can control all of it from your phone which is nice because if he is across the room I can start the music or vibration if he starts to become unsettled!
2. I have breastfed each of my children and after Greleigh was born I would become drenched after each feeding because the side I wasn’t feeding on would leak so much milk. I then discovered this magical contraption and it changed the game! I can now collect the leaked milk while I am feeding and I have stored over 100+ oz just from leaked breastmilk that would have gone to waste without it!
3. I have used this little gem so much in the early days and lounging. It is the updated version of the much loved Boppy and has a firm newborn insert for the super early days of breastfeeding when they are so tiny and just ball up and fall in to the boppy! This provides so much more support and really made feeding so much easier. It has a buckle that goes around your waist that is adjustable so you can make sure it stays in place while feeding! You can also take the insert out and use it just like a normal Boppy for lounging!
4. The 4th kid doesn’t get the stay at home days like we did when we had 1 or 2. We hit the ground running and he was out and about by day 3. We did field day at Greleigh’s school, Kaige’s t-ball game and haven’t stopped since. This cover has been such a lifesaver! I can feed anywhere/anytime and also cover his carseat to keep all the curious hands and germs out of his face! Whoever came up with these surely hit a grand slam because they are golden and save this mama’s life!
5. All of my kids have been swing kids and Sway is the exact same. We love this brand and I have had this versionwith every kid. I got the new updated version and we still love everything about it! It has 3 different swing directions, music, lights and little toys that dangle! I highly recommend this swing. We have tried the other swing options out there and this has always been my kids’ favorite and they take the most amazing naps in it!
6. This is a must have for anyone that gets in the car and can’t sit in the back with their baby! I honestly have never done that even with our first but I do love these so I can check on them and make sure they are fine! This is the most sturdy one and has an adjustable neck on it so you can move it all around and find the perfect spot! It is also super secure and comes with 2 buckles to make sure it is super tight!
We have transitioned very well with Sway boy and are slowly but surely making more public outings with all 4 kids and mom! We can’t believe he has already been in our life for almost a month but yet it seems like he’s always been here! He’s the perfect family completion!
I hope this gives you a great idea on some items I think are essential during the first month of baby’s arrival! I am super thankful for buybuy BABY and the selection they provided. I was able to shop from my couch and have everything delivered straight to my door but I can’t wait for a trip to Dallas so I can go in store!! You can find out more about buybuy BABY from all of the social channels here!